Updated page 10/17/2021
Finally made another update – I may have to redo this whole thing here – but for now I rejiggered Fire Eye as they have reduced their frequency of updates, and internet Storm center dropped a bit – after reviewing Technewsworld – it has a lot more in there – so I moved that up.
periodically reviewing the links is good, I fixed a link that did not work right.
- Cybersecurity value (subjective (my prerogative) (first value)
- Industrylinks (‘Cybersecurity’ keyword) ( second value)
- Attacker information (China, Russia, and others) (third value)
- Google importance information site discusses relevant Google news) (fourth value)
- Recent updates frequency (fifth value)
- video/audio(podcasts) relevance my subjective value – I am giving Irongeek.com a 10 and going down from there, but these are initial values, Changed these values in June 1, 2018
- High cybersecurity value
I keep the list and its numbers in a spreadsheet so I can make changes when necessary.
Top informational sites 1-10
1. Threatpost has many good posts.
2. TechNewsWorld has a decent number of good articles http://www.technewsworld.com/perl/section/cyber-security/
3. Dark readingis an InformationWeek Security blog with good Security topics
4. Internet Storm Center SANS: an Industry leader in Security certification and training – the place to go to work on technical skillsets within Cybersecurity and this is their daily log of current events.
5. SCMagazine – Security magazine consistently has good Security articles and has been honored with national honors from ASBPE http://www.scmagazine.com/sc-wins-three-top-national-honors-from-asbpe/article/511656/
6. Reddit section “netsec” https://www.reddit.com/r/netsec/ has very good posts frequently – Lots of new good posts. I switched the link to the “old” reddit look, as one can see all the posts easier in my opinion.
7. With a special interest in KrebsonSecurity David Krebs has authored “SpamNation” is looked at for computer breach news – He was a journalist, now Darknet reviewer and more.
8. CISA – Cyber infrastructure Security Agency – latest information of many vendors security updates
9. Fire Eye Blog – A blog from the company that found
10. Bruce Schneier, a security expert writing about cyber security since 1998 – excellent theorist and book writer.
11. Stay safe online, A national Cybersecurity Alliance effort to help people improve Cyber Security
12. NakedSecurity by Sophos (AV company)keeps up on malware news (antivirus etc)
13. Homeland Security News Wire http://www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com/topics/cybersecurity Has many relevant cybersecurity news stories. %5-7-6-8-0=26% Some value, but high Google ranking, high updates, no video
14. defenseone.com a news site of global security topics.
15. The Register a classic IT news site has some interesting angles.
17. ZDNet Zero Day blog by ZDNet – new info about hacker some value
18. SucuriBlog http://blog.sucuri.net/ WordPress developer Blog about security, Has other topics , we use this plugin has excellent WordPress insights
19. Cisco’s Talos Blog Excellent threat research and more
20. Securelist Blog (A Kaspersky Lab endeavor) and their Twitter feed seems to be in Germany.
21. Realclearscience.com A site that puts together relevant links from many media outlets. Good Overview of many sites.
22. SANS Digital Forensics Blog is a good forensics blog with some new posts
23. Rand Corp Blog is where the Cybersecurity researcher Martin Libicki writes – Rand Corp is a prestigious science research institution among other items.
24. Malwarebytes Unpacked the https://blog.malwarebytes.org/ Blog of malwarebytes (excellent AV app).
25. Rapid7 has a Security Blog well researched posts: https://blog.rapid7.com/
26. TrendMicro Security Intelligence Blog is kept up and has good topics
27. ISACA Now Blog http://www.isaca.org/Knowledge-Center/Blog/default.aspx which is the Information Systems Auditing and Control Association Blog
28. White Hat Security Blog https://www.whitehatsec.com/blog/ White Hat security is a company that consults on application security – I have seen some of their researchers.
29. Securosis a blog with good content (sometimes does not post frequently)
30. Had to move since the pandemic hit – no conferences IronGeek.com as it is the video repository for constant reviews of latest Security conferences. If you want to stay up to speed on detailed and up-to-date Cybersecurity information then you must check this out frequently.
Dropped out of top30 or adding new blogs to review periodically:
https://security.googleblog.com/ Blog about Google’s efforts in Security has some good google stuff, but not much else.
http://www.freeforensics.org/ A blog started in March 2016 – about forensics and other topics (ransomware details)
Also moved BugSEC as it is not updted often but is blog decent review of Cyber threats – from a security company in Israel
Could use this link in future…