As the Payment card industry moves to a security framework the key for small business is to solve the basics
We are CISA certified
We can audit your Information technology to ensure it is performing as you intend it.
Here is our most popular post http://oversitesentry.com/90-cc-machines-have-default-password/ 90% of Credit Card machines have been shown to have default password – this is a very dangerous thing.
Another of our posts discusses the basics of PCI compliance:
Solving PCI compliance may only mean paying attention to 1,2,3,4,5, 7,8,9 10, 11, and 12.
Many of these categories are resolved by keeping up a security policy.
Build and Maintain a Secure Network and Systems
- Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data
- Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters Protect Cardholder Data
- Protect stored cardholder data
- Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks Maintain a Vulnerability Management Program
- Protect all systems against malware and regularly update anti-virus software or programs
- Develop and maintain secure systems and applications
Implement Strong Access Control Measures
- Restrict access to cardholder data by business need to know
- Identify and authenticate access to system components
- Restrict physical access to cardholder data
Regularly Monitor and Test Networks
- Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data
- Regularly test security systems and processes
Maintain an Information Security Policy
- Maintain a policy that addresses information security for all personnel