Updated page 06/21/2022
Doing some cleanup work in the mid area staysafeonline, and Fire Eye blog moved down so the others automatically movd up one.
really small changes- Disappointed in Fire Eye blog as it stopped updating, so I finally pushed it down in this list.
- Cybersecurity value (subjective (my prerogative) (first value)
- Industrylinks (‘Cybersecurity’ keyword) ( second value)
- Attacker information (China, Russia, and others) (third value)
- Google importance information site discusses relevant Google news) (fourth value)
- Recent updates frequency (fifth value)
- video/audio(podcasts) relevance my subjective value – I am giving Irongeek.com a 10 and going down from there, but these are initial values, Changed these values in January, 29, 22
- High cybersecurity value
I keep the list and its numbers in a spreadsheet so I can make changes when necessary.
Top informational sites 1-10
1. Threatpost has many good posts.
2. The Daily Swig Cybersecurity News and Views – https://portswigger.net/daily-swig
3. TechNewsWorld has a decent number of good articles http://www.technewsworld.com/perl/section/cyber-security/
4. Dark reading is an InformationWeek Security blog with good Security topics
5. Internet Storm Center SANS: an Industry leader in Security certification and training – the place to go to work on technical skillsets within Cybersecurity and this is their daily log of current events.
6. SCMagazine – Security magazine consistently has good Security articles and has been honored with national honors from ASBPE http://www.scmagazine.com/sc-wins-three-top-national-honors-from-asbpe/article/511656/
7. Reddit section “netsec” https://www.reddit.com/r/netsec/ has very good posts frequently – Lots of new good posts. I switched the link to the “old” reddit look, as one can see all the posts easier in my opinion.
8. With a special interest in KrebsonSecurity David Krebs has authored “SpamNation” is looked at for computer breach news – He was a journalist, now Darknet reviewer and more.
9. CISA – Cyber infrastructure Security Agency – latest information of many vendors security updates
10. Bruce Schneier, a security expert writing about cyber security since 1998 – excellent theorist and book writer.
11. Homeland Security News Wire http://www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com/topics/cybersecurity Has many relevant cybersecurity news stories. %5-7-6-8-0=26% Some value, but high Google ranking, high updates, no video
12. Fire Eye Blog – A blog from the company that found
13. NakedSecurity by Sophos (AV company)keeps up on malware news (antivirus etc)
14. defenseone.com a news site of global security topics.
15. Stay safe online, A national Cybersecurity Alliance effort to help people improve Cyber Security
16 The Register a classic IT news site has some interesting angles.
18. ZDNet Zero Day blog by ZDNet – new info about hacker some value
19. SucuriBlog http://blog.sucuri.net/ WordPress developer Blog about security, Has other topics , we use this plugin has excellent WordPress insights
20. Rapid7 has a Security Blog well researched posts: https://blog.rapid7.com/
21. Securelist Blog (A Kaspersky Lab endeavor) and their Twitter feed seems to be in Germany.
22. Realclearscience.com A site that puts together relevant links from many media outlets. Good Overview of many sites.
23. SANS Digital Forensics Blog is a good forensics blog with some new posts
24. Rand Corp Blog is where the Cybersecurity researcher Martin Libicki writes – Rand Corp is a prestigious science research institution among other items.
25. Malwarebytes Unpacked the https://blog.malwarebytes.org/ Blog of malwarebytes (excellent AV app).
26. Securosis a blog with good content (sometimes does not post frequently)
27. TrendMicro Security Intelligence Blog is kept up and has good topics
28. ISACA Now Blog http://www.isaca.org/Knowledge-Center/Blog/default.aspx which is the Information Systems Auditing and Control Association Blog
29. White Hat Security Blog https://www.whitehatsec.com/blog/ White Hat security is a company that consults on application security – I have seen some of their researchers.
30. Had to move since the pandemic hit – no conferences IronGeek.com as it is the video repository for constant reviews of latest Security conferences. If you want to stay up to speed on detailed and up-to-date Cybersecurity information then you must check this out frequently.
Dropped out of top30 or adding new blogs to review periodically:
** removed Talos link due to lack of updates: Cisco’s Talos Blog Excellent threat research and more (1/29/22)
https://security.googleblog.com/ Blog about Google’s efforts in Security has some good google stuff, but not much else.
http://www.freeforensics.org/ A blog started in March 2016 – about forensics and other topics (ransomware details)
Also moved BugSEC as it is not updted often but is blog decent review of Cyber threats – from a security company in Israel
Could use this link in future…